Tuesday 11 November 2014

11th November 2014

I have been reading a very good book and it has inspired me to take 'up my pen' once more. Not that  it matters much but the name of the book is 'Shantaram'. The story is set in India and this brought back rich memories for me as I spent the a golden period of my life there what is now 3 years ago. It made me remember that life can be amazing if we choose it to be. That every day is unique and worth recalling. I had to think about it for a while but it doesn't have to be on a life changing trip to India it can be in the hum drum routine world of any of our lives. So I guess this blog is about that - about trying to find something worth commenting on in every day.

I wrote the above paragraph in the early afternoon an it is now midnight. I have not been staring at my computer all this time but at the same time I struggle to think of any outstanding moment. I am going to be positive and say that I am out of practice in recognising what to see. In remains to be seen but I have a feeling if daily posts do continue they will read more like a diary than a blog. Here are some points on today:

-Today I had a lot of free time but had that feeling that no matter what I did with that time it would not be accepted by myself as being fruitful to me.
-I came across once again the short lived influence of movies and books in our lives. When we put down the book we are reading or leave the cinema hall we are still under the influence of its ideals which can temporarily affect our outlook but as always we soon return to ourselves.
- Love. Or lack of and sacrificing yourself to a relationship for what you believe is the benefit of others that you do love. If one tells oneself that you are strong enough in your self for it not to hurt you too much is it OK to maintain the status quo? I guess it comes down to whether it is really of benefit to the ones that we do love.


























No comments:

Post a Comment